Wednesday, September 20, 2006

WHAT'S NEW
Time is ticking by, and at rapid pace. I can't believe we have been here almost 2 months. Jonah is growing by leaps and bounds. He used his own potty...oh my gosh. Just for pee pee but wow! I don't think Mitch and I were ready for that...it's so grown up. He goes to the park almost every day either with me or grandpa. My dad tries to take him out all the time. If not to the park then into town where they can people and car watch. Jonah loves to run around, (everywhere) and is climbing stairs like a pro. He waves bye bye to us when he leaves the room and then he comes running back to do it again (and again). He is getting so much love. He gives not just Mitch and I but my mom and dad hugs all the time. It's so awesome to see. We wanted so much for Jonah to be loved by my family and it's just great to witness it actually happening.
We are getting more of a normal day to day rhythum going, which is nice after such a long haul of "Stuff". We attended Calvary Chapel of Holbrook on Sunday...we liked it alot! First the pastor's name is Kevin...good sign. Second, no suit...even better. Third, there building is an old Knight of Columbus hall...ahhh just like home. But most importantly the pastor just loves the word. We could feel his heart and soul behind his teaching. We just couldn't sit thru someone who sounded like they were reading a script. After Kevin Green the bar was set pretty high. I think the Lord may have lead us to the right spot. It's a bit of a drive (about 35 minutes) but that's o.k. Mitch actually knows someone who lives out that way and perhaps he will meet us at church one day. I feel so anxious to be part of a fellowship...it is an obvious void in our life. The pastor was teaching in Hebrews and he talked a bit on patience....I know I know. He talked of all the waiting by different people throughout the Bible. God answers, God is there, His timing is perfect, He knows what the next chapter, He's got us in His hands....it's good to be reminded. We look forward to next Sunday, please pray for the spiritual meat to be fed to us. Thank-you!

2 comments:

Dennis said...

Lisa,

Thank you for keeping us apart of your lives through this blog. We do and WILL continue to pray for the three of you and for your family.

Dennis

Erin Green said...

Hurray! I'm so glad you found a place to be in fellowship!!! It's so easy to be set adrift. I'm praying you guy will melt right in.